22 November 2009

Second Sight

They say
- you know "they" -
They say,
"grandma can see again."

But I am in mind of
a different
second sight

The new vision of
what's around
what's in
what's happening

tingling presence
cool caress

That vision that
kalidoscope-like
clicks into being

never to see the same again

when I travel in a new place
or in a new understanding,
like when I got the calculus


when I feel the unexpected
tremble
just as I fall in love

or feel the hollow tremble again
at the abyss' edge
when my true love dies


or when I whiff anew
the sweet pungence of
a puppy's breath

or despair the cavern
as my heart breaks into
what must be death


when I hear the orchid smile
or sing the rainbow
and then sit still for awhile


The refreshment of
that new vision

born of
emptiness

engenders
hope

comes with bubbles of
excitement

never to be the same again

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message