06 October 2009

Wake Up. Call

Never married, "an Old Maid"
my father would say

lovers called roommates
the charade a promise
extracted by mom

Turning disappointment
to anger
"no one is good enough for you,"
my father would say

childless on purpose
(who would want to pass along these genes?)
I have missed important
parts of life

Known by many
and loved by them too
I never thought I would
die alone.

awaking to Presence
always with me
calling softly,
"let's just be"

Is this my chance?
commitment to love
content with my choice
faithful to vows?

How very long this
journey has been
loss of family
bereft of respect

Gladly I go
with Presence
to meet those who
die alone

Walking with Presence
to nurse families'
untied bonds of love,
lives twisted asunder

Uniting brokenness
before it's too late
to repair the bonds.
opening one heart
to life after death

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message